Tonight Colt wanted to conduct Family Home Evening. He called on someone to say the prayer, lead the song, give the lesson, direct the game, and give out treats. He kept us moving through all our activities. After the game and before the closing prayer he got back up to keep us on track; Tom and I were talking... Colt excused himself for interrupting, thanked everyone for coming, then proceeded to bear his testimony about our Heaveny Father and Jesus Christ. He said he knows they are true. He said he knows he can live with them again someday in heaven. Then he called on me to say the closing prayer and reminded Heidi she was in charge of treats.
It was unexpected, spontaneous, and the most beautiful testimony from a child I've ever heard. I don't ever want to forget the strong spirit Colt brought into our rowdy family night. He will be baptized in a few months and tonight I realized how perfect 8 years old really is for making such an important decision and promise.
1 comment:
Beautiful. I love those moments.
Post a Comment