Friday, March 25, 2011

$136

$136
That's how much I paid today to confirm that all 5 of us have strep throat and to buy antibiotics. Although this is a lot of money for something not fun at all I am grateful for a few things today:
1. we have insurance
2. we have pretty good insurance at that, though co-pays were bumped to $20 each (so yes, we paid $100 for co-pays today)
3. what we have can be remedied by an pretty inexpensive prescription...costs less than our prescription co-pay, so that $36 could have been $50.
4. Now don't get me wrong, I wish we weren't sick, but I am glad that after paying to have everyone tested they all turned out sick at the same time. If one of them came back with a negative test I'd have been watchful all week and probably taken them in to get tested again by next Friday...so at least I only had to get everyone tested once.
5. It's the weekend so we can relax a little
6. the kids are feeling much better than the parents. (Though this can also be considered a bad thing since they've given us no rest today!)

So there you have it - Strep at our house, stay away until tomorrow night at 7pm - by then everyone would've been on antibiotics for 24 hours and shouldn't be contagious anymore. But just to play nice we'll be staying home from church :)

2 comments:

The Hones said...

Sorry you guys are all sick...no fun!

The Hones said...

Just got back from taking Carter to the doctor also and very grateful to have insurance as well.