Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Trimming the tree

Monday night for Family Home Evening we put up our tree. One tradition we have is to give each child a new ornament the day decorate the tree...an ornament that reminds us of thier interests that past year.

This picture is out of order but Tom and I sat back and let the kids decorate the tree without help. And you can tell! Skyler's ornaments are all on about 4 branches - Heidi keeps taking ornaments off and putting them on, and Colt's are out of Heidi's reach, smart kid!

Heidi got a non-breakable, toddler friendly doll. She loves dolls and carries this one around and plays with her.

Colt's was R2D2 - he spends more hours playing with his Star Wars toys then any other toy. Although R2D2 isn't his favorite character it's what I could find and he's thrilled.

Iron Man for Skyler. He's never seen the real movies (of course) but loves Iron Man anyway. He was Iron Man for Halloween and loves super heroes. He was so happy and so was I since it was the LAST one at Target!

Yes, Colt is so tall he can almost reach the top of the tree. My clothing budget can tell you how quilckly he's grown this year!

Intent on getting the decorations on - she's very patient for an 18 month old. Other years I've "fixed" the tree by spreading out the ornaments when the kids weren't around, but this year I don't care - and I have to many other things to do. Plus, I know I'll miss this one day!

1 comment:

The Hones said...

What a great idea, I think I might just want to start that tradition also. We are doing the tree this Sat can't wait! Colt is really tall!