Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Christmas Countdown

On November 29th late at night I found this idea on Etsy and I just had to make some for my kids. But being an advent calendar I had exactly 1 day. 1 day. Let's just say I was up until almost 1am. So these are mini muffin tins with magnetic ink jet paper covering each hole with a small treat inside. One rolo, reeses piece, or kiss fits just right. Which meant I needed one for each kid. That's where the 72 circles came in.
To save myself time I purchased the templates on Etsy for the circles - they printed off my computer and onto the magnet paper. I used glossy paper and love how it turned out. Having rebates for turning in empty ink cartriges at Staples cuts the cost of this waaaay down.
However, once Heidi saw the boys open the first circle she was sold. This magical tray delivered candy - lots of candy! And she knows what to do with candy! So unfortunatly they won't get to hang on the wall all day. But they were worth the effort and it'll only be easier next year.
The red/green for Colt is bright and fun, Skyler's blue one is all about snowmen and snowflakes, and Heidi's is perfectly pink for her; cute gingerbread girls, gingerbread houses, little girl mittens, and sweater patterns. The muffin tins were under $4 each and will be stored in the kitchen for all the other months...and made to earn their keep.

3 comments:

Becky said...

Those turned out soooooo cute!!!Great work!

The Hones said...

Wow they are so cute. Great idea, your such a fun mom!

Melissa said...

I love these! How fun!