Sunday, July 25, 2010

Pacific Science Center

Let me start by saying, I didn't get any good pictures this day....could have had something to do with trying to keep track of my kids at the Science Center, deal with a very crabby one year old and a not-at-all fancy camera. But we had fun with our good friends and came home with all of our kids - always a good end to a field trip.
Waiting for the Imax movie "The Living Sea" to start....we made it about 3/4 of the way through before the troops got restless so we left early. I don't think anyone around us minded.
The special exhibit was "Circus!" It was neat, showed how science plays a huge part in traditional circus acts. Skyler waited in a long line to have a go at walking the tight rope. He didn't make it very far before turning around but I was proud of him for trying! He was about a story up in the air.
Heidi was pretty freaked out about the butterflies (there's one on the flower right next to her), and honestly, so was Colt. They were everywhere, even landing on our shoes and clothes. I tried explaining to Colt they were harmless but he wanted out. My friend was much nicer than I was, telling him to hold onto her stroller and close his eyes while she guided him out. They thought the huge enclosed working beehive was great - Skyler is still talking about it.
Heidi in a dinosaurs footprint - it was a fun day, tiring, and so very worth it. But, like I said, not one good picture - guess we'll have to go back again soon.

No comments: