Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Happy 6th Birthday Colt!

We hid Colt's presents and gave him a series of clues that eventaully led him to where they were hidden. I was amazed that he could read the clues - and all of his birthday cards! This was a Batman birthday, with lots of presents from grandparents and the Batcave with several villans and of course Batman and Robin from us. Tom took the boys to Jetty Island for the main part of the day. It's a 2 mile sandy beach in Everett, you take a walk-on ferry across. It was opening day and the Pirates were there to celebrate, they had buried "treasure" (pencils, stickers, etc.) in the sand for the kids to dig up. They had a great time and thankfully left the island before it caught on fire. It really did, and it was evacuated - that would've been a bad ending to a fun time.

Not my most creative of cakes but easy. (That's a batman with a city scape behind him on there.) After dinner, cake, and ice cream Colt and I went on a birthday walk - just the two of us. It was great and gave Skyler some time to check out Colt's new toys without them fighting. Colt kept saying it was the best batman birthday ever.


3 comments:

Becky said...

Happy Birthday Colt! What a cute and smart 6 year old! It was fun seeing you guys at the restaurant. Let's get together for reals soon though.

The Hones said...

Sounds like a great birthday for Colt and you! With the boys gone most the day at Jetty Island, I hope you got a nap. I forgot about that place. Mom use to take us all the time, I loved everything about it specially the ferry ride.

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Colt!! Sounds like you all had a great day! And I heard about the Jetty Island fire - so glad you weren't there for the scary part! I didn't know they did pirates on the first day - what a fun idea. :)