Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Primary Temple Trip



Last Friday our primary had an activity at the temple since the theme this month centers around the temple. It was a well planned, terrific activity. After listening to a woman from our ward who works at the temple talk about how the temple is like our homes (has a kitchen, laundry room, books, etc.) they went on a hunt. The younger kids were given a small "clipboard" (cardboard with the paper and a pencil on a string taped on) with the hunt checklist in pictures. We went around in classes looking for what we saw in each picture then marked it off- my kids loved it! The older kids had tough clues sending them to the differnt parts of the grounds. It was fun because it got them looking at all of the temple grounds, noticing things they hadn't seen before, and had them walking all around. They also took a picture of each child with the temple in the background- we'll probably see that come home from a sharing time activity this month....it was a nice morning spent at the temple with friends.

2 comments:

Borland family said...

I happened upon you blog, friend of a friend type thing, any way I saw that your primary went to the seattle temple, you mentioned a hunt, our primary is going next month and I was wondering what your hunt was, it looked like fun and a great way for the kids to learn about the temple. YOu can contact me at borland@rhoades.org or borlandtimes.blogspot.com
If I do my connections right, the Coles have family in my ward,the Mckinnons, Jessica and Bret. I would love your feedback on the temple hunt. Thank you!!

Spencer and Julie said...

What a neat idea, I have never seen a ward activity like that and I live close to 4 temples!