Monday, June 23, 2008

Great Website!

Check out this fantastic movie rating site Kids-In-Mind. They don't rate films with a regular G, PG, PG-13 or R rating but instead rate films on a scale of 0 - 10 in three areas: sex/nudity, violence/gore, profanity in that order. They then explain in detail why a film received the rating it did in each category. Some ratings of films we want to see or have seen lately - Prince Caspian 1.6.1, Indiana Jones 1.7.4...This site is a wonderful tool for parents in determining what movies are appropriate for their families and for them. It doesn't, however, tell you if the movie is any good....

1 comment:

Melissa said...

That IS a great website! I just found it the other day, ironically. Another website I use a lot is www.commonsensemedia.org. It's another free website devoted to helping parents choose good media (including books, games, movies, TV, etc.) for their kids. I like to use it for movies that Bill & I are interested in seeing too, just to make sure I'm not going to be surprised by anything I don't want to see/hear. And I can usually get a pretty good feel for whether the movie is any good, too. Anyway, check it out! :)