Thursday, January 17, 2008

MAJOR Motherhood Milestone

A pet. We now have 2 Beta fish. Their names are Quincy and Leo. The boys love them and are finally OK with the fact that they can't hold them. I'm not a pet person but I think it's good for kids and they have so wanted a pet, their excitment is almost contagious-almost. Quincy is purplish-she's Colt's, and Leo, aslo a female, is electric blue-Skyler's of course. If I ever have a daughter remind me not to let the boys name her. So we'll see how long they (the fish) live...I'm really going to try to not kill them off, even though it'd be easy to replace them, I really want to prove I can keep them alive at least until school's out-maybe even through the summer. Our new fish have had a stressful day with the car ride, getting dumped into our small aquarium, and meeting each other after swimming alone in a little cup, so I didn't take any pictures yet. Maybe in a few days I'll blind them with the flash.....

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Aren't beta fish the kind that have to be in their own little bowls because they attack each other? Maybe I'm remembering it wrong, but you might want to check. I would hate to hear about a family tragedy the day Leo or Quincy floats to the top of the water. Congrats on moving on to this next step in parenthood!