I love my crock-pot and I love my crock-pot book "Fix it and Forget it." Tonight I tried something different and while mixing the few ingredients together I was very worried about the outcome, but, it was delicious! So here's the recipe in case you trust my taste buds:
Cranberry Chicken
frozen chicken 3-4 lbs (I used tenders -about 11 - and didn't put it in until 1pm to eat at 6-breasts will take longer of course)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 cup diced celery (if it's not in your fridge you can so without)
1/2 cup diced onions
16 oz. can whole berry cranberry sauce
1 cup barbecue sauce
combine all ingredients in slow cooker
(I stirred it all together in a bowl first them poured it over the chicken, I like to use those crock-pot liners to make clean-up fast, but they are hard to stir ingredients in.)
Book says cover (duh) and bake on high for 4 hours, or on low 6-8 but I think that's for thawed/fresh chicken.)
So let me know what you think if you try it!
1 comment:
I'm glad it turned out good! I'll have to try it. The one night I make a real dinner (last night) instead of hot dogs or quesadillas and Jon came home with the flu and no one ate it. Leftovers, I guess.
Becky
Post a Comment