
This week we're participating in a rotating day camp. Each of us puts on a morning of "camp" with a theme and lots of fun. We go from 9:30am to 12:30, with kids bringing lunch. I also swapped toddler-sitting with the Mom who had the kids Tuesday so we could really focus on the older kids. My boys wanted me to do "Secret Spy Day" and I'm glad we did!

As kids came they created something out of Legos a spy might use - Colt made a tracking devise and remote control for it.

Once finished the I Spy books and Where's Waldo kept them busy while others finished up.

After a version of "hot potato" using a black balloon as a bomb (no pictures) to the theme song from James Bond we got cracking and writing codes. Above is the writing in white crayon/using water colors to reveal.

We also wrote with lemon juice then held the paper to a light bulb to reveal. Another one was writing messages backwards (even the letters!) to read in the mirror.

We practiced being sneaky.... then learned how to unlock combination and key locks.

And played a game I called "Master of Disguise." Using actual FBI fingerprint cards I printed from online, the kids all had their fingerprints taken.

This one was tricky... diffusing a "bomb." The kids each got a sewing pin and had to figure out how to let the air out of a balloon without popping it. Fun!

Lunch outside while I collected everyone's papers and put them in a folder for them to come in a decorate with sneaky footprint clues.

A good game of "Spy, Spy, Double crossed!" (duck, duck, goose)

Then - the grand finale - they divided into 2 teams and used all the code breaking tricks they learned to head out on their first secret mission. They were trying to find the hidden briefcase.

Colt's team was the first ones to it - prizes inside = fake mustaches and glasses/nose disguise for everyone. Total of 70 cents per kid

Playing "secret identity" while waiting for moms. I told each kid a name and everyone else asked yes/no questions to try and guess what their secret identity was. (Green Lantern, Harry Potter, Santa...) A fun, but tiring day!
No comments:
Post a Comment