
Happy Birthday to our Heidi! She wanted an airplane party....and she loves Strawberry Shortcake. Here's a look at her day:

She went straight for the airplane toy Colt picked out for her at the Museum of Flight. He also got her an airplane shirt she
immediately put on. Look how excited she is with that airplane!

Skyler helped me bid on this "hat box" of Strawberry Shortcake dolls on
Ebay...we got a great deal!

Big bag of play-
doh and play-
doh toys from Grandma and Grandpa, kept her busy for a very long time!

I asked her to sit with all her presents - the sound effect for this picture is a 2 year old making airplane noises. It was very cute.

She also got a strawberry swim suit and
sandals, little people doll house (thank you
Craigslist for saving me $30!) and a
photo book of her first year. Heidi's favorite books in our house are the
photo books I've had make of our yearly camping trips and Christmas memories. It was so fun looking at it with her the first time, made the many hours of going through a years worth of pictures and formatting the book very worth it.

The night before her birthday I taught Heidi to say "two!" when asked how old she is... and how to hold up 2 fingers. This is as close as she can get.

We set all her dolls up for a 10:00am showing of Strawberry Shortcake on TV.

Yes, still sucks that thumb.


After her nap we baked her birthday cake.

She noticed the cupcake with candles in them on the back of the box and started blowing at them.

Then, as I turned to put the egg shell in the garbage, she decided to crack an egg just like I did... except hers went everywhere. I cleaned it up, added a 3rd egg to the batter, and started mixing, when I heard what sounded like egg shell being crushed.
Hmmm. So I dumped the batter down the sink (finding egg shell) and we started again.

Playing, well, stacking her new play-
doh
Like I said, she loves her new airplane!


Then we headed out to check the mail.... a birthday card from Grandma! This picture was taken after I said "Heidi, stand by my flowers and show me your mail" she follows directions very well! All her Strawberry dolls are in the birthday bag.

Ready for cake!

A pretty simple cake - the marshmallows are supposed to be clouds.

She blew her candles out after the first 4 words to the "Happy Birthday" song were sung, Tom re-lit them 3 times before the song was over.

Just couldn't wait to taste that cloud. So there it is, Heidi's birthday! She's full of personality and a joy to have in our family.
2 comments:
She is so adorable and funny. I love that she loves airplanes so much. Looks like a fun day and a great birthday. And the cake turned out so cute.
So cute and fun...and in the midst of all the sickies you pulled it off. Loved the marshmallow clouds. Happy Birthday Heidi!!!
Post a Comment