Thursday, April 7, 2011

Spring Break so far

First off, sorry all these pictures are so large - I forgot to change the setting. It's Thursday night of spring break and I'm tired. I love having my kids home but with such gloomy weather we've been indoors all week and it's taken a bit more energy to keep them busy. Friday I let the kids skip school to visit my parents. My mom's spring break was the week before ours so if we wanted to visit that's how it had to be. The kids didn't mind one bit and it was completely worth it. They played, went to see "Hop" with my brother, ate yummy things, and played some more. This picture is from the ferry ride on the way over.
Monday was spent at the Seattle Science Center. We got there before they opened and waited in line since the first 1,000 people got in free that day. It would normally cost us almost $50 to see just the exhibits, so very worth getting there early. Heidi is crazy about airplanes right now and got to play in this helicopter. Her favorite part of the day was seeing the dinosaur exhibit but those pictures didn't turn out so great since it was low light and crowded.
Skyler loves robots and thought this was a very cool display. His other favorite part of the day was the planetarium show where he learned about the Big Dipper, the North Star, and about constellations.
FYI - Colt wants to be a Rock Star when he grows up. He loves guitars, rock and roll, and loves to dance. So seeing the world's largest electric guitar was amazing for him! He is also still into planets and space, so that exhibit is always a favorite for him.
That was Monday. Tuesday - no pictures, we stayed home and did chores, played with toys, watched "Tangled" for the first time, colored, ect. Just a home day.
Wednesday was awesome for the boys, they got to go back to the Science Center and see the special Star Wars exhibit for a friends birthday. It's a separate exhibit requiring an extra (pretty expensive) ticket with reserved time to get in so it's not something we saw on Monday. They loved it. My friend took pictures that I'll get to post once she emails them - they boys saw real costumes, light sabers, speeders, R2D2, ect. from the movies. They loved it!
This is the nightgown I sewed for Heidi on Tuesday, I'll put up pictures of her dresses I've made also. She's worn it to bed twice and both mornings refused to change out of it - and I didn't make her until we were leaving the house. It was pretty easy but took awhile with the 3 kids interrupting.
Today, Thursday, we had friends over. Colt and his friend started off playing with all Colt's Star Wars toys, then came down to the Wii- Lego Star Wars 3, thanks to a cool Dad.
Skyler and his friend spent 2 solid hours playing Legos.
After lunch Colt and his friend ventured into the Lego room. This evening was free admission to the Seattle Museum of Flight, and with a plane crazy girl we were happy to go. She was in heaven - I'll post pictures tomorrow hopefully. So that's it for now.

No comments: