Sunday, January 23, 2011

"Barry" came to visit

Skyler's Kindergarten class has a new friend; Barry. The kids each get to bring Barry the Bear home for a few days, do something fun with him, then write and draw about it in Barry's journal. Skyler was very excited to get Barry for the Martin Luther King Jr. 3-day weekend.
I wasn't so excited because I knew what the weekend had instore... and I knew we weren't going to be able to go somewhere special with Barry. So that Monday, while Colt watched movies from the couch recovering from his teeth being pulled, Skyler and I built Barry a Lego house. Skyler then built him robots as friends and to help him do things. It was even better than taking Barry to the children's museum or jump planet.... Skyler loves to build with Legos and we spent an hour or more together just enjoying our new little friend.

1 comment:

twopeasinapod said...

That was such a good idea! You are a wonderful mom, Amy!
-Rachel