Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Making a List

It's November - can you believe it? I've been driving my husband nuts with talking over Christmas lists for the kids, he's just not ready for that yet. But what he can understand is my goal to get Christmas cards out earlier this year. I was looking at the Shutterfly website and found some definate favorites! Every year I have high hopes for a nice picture of our family for a Christmas card, and every year it proves to be a mission impossible. For some reason the combination of my three children, coordinating clothes, close proximity to each other, and the camera make for a disaster - and I have to think they enjoy seeing me sweat, bribe, turn red, and finally give up. And then have to try again a few days later.

But not this year!

As I show you my favorite cards from Shutterfly, see if you can figure out what they all have in common with each other:
Snow Flurrie Cocoa - I think this card is simple but interesting....
Good Blessings - I always love getting Christmas cards with reminders of Christ's birth, and as a folded card I could include a personal note to family and friends.
Counting the Days - since this is what my kids do all December this would be a perfect fit!
Bright Blooming Tree - A clean, classic card with a great color scheme.

Ho Ho Ho - All I'd need for this card is a good face picture of each kid, it wouldn't even matter what they were wearing!
Snowflake 2010 - I like how this card is all about the pictures - the photo background used can really change the look of this card....

Did you notice all these cards have 3 separate spots for pictures? All I would need is an individual picture of each child - no problem! This is my plan for easy Christmas cards this year - so which will it be? You'll have to watch your mailbox to find out!
Oh, and if you're going to order Christmas cards from Shutterfly you might as well also order a few gifts at the same time! Check out the wall calendars - much easier than how I made some for my family a few years back.... much easier.
Disclosure Statement: This post is sponsored by Shutterfly. Participating bloggers are reviewing the new Shutterfly cards and sharing their favorites, and have been compensated with a coupon code for 50 free Christmas cards. If you'd like in on the action go here!

1 comment:

twopeasinapod said...

None of the kids on any of those cards look like your family. So I would definitely not send out any of them. Haha - Kyle