Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Go UP!

We were in the van on our way home from Costco this afternoon. My boys were being loud in the back - but I was thinking about dinner and plans for the evening so I really wasn't listening. Then for some reason I heard what they were saying, or actually chanting. "Go up, go up, go up!" over and over and over.....followed by cheers every so often. Then I heard Skyler say "It's almost to eighty ten!" Then I realized they were watching the digital degree reader above my head and rooting for the numbers to keep going up. I kid you not. They wanted it to get hotter, well, probably not, but they did want the numbers to go up. They were going for the big "eighty ten" as Skyler called it, I reminded him it was called "ninety" but he said it sounded cooler as eighty ten. We'll let his Kindergarten teacher sort that one out. We were almost home when the numbers suddenly skipped from 89 degrees to 95. Much cheering erupted. (not from me) Then I heard Skyler say with awe to Colt "we must be magic!" then it started creeping back down one degree at a time, each smaller number brought sounds of defeat from the back row. Fun times.

No comments: