Sunday, April 5, 2009

Easter Eggs


If you haven't dyed eggs with your kids yet, here are a few pointers.... which of course we did the opposite of somehow this year.

1. read directions and make sure you actually cook your eggs all the way. We went to crack one for Skyler for lunch and....goo came out. At least we only "cooked" 7 this year and didn't waste to many. We'll have to toss them today though so they don't stink.

2. Don't call your kids to the table until you have the dye ready-trust me

3. Make an even amount of eggs, preferably one per color of dye per kid (I think Tom was counting on one cracking in the boiling water - but since they didn't even cook that of course didn't happen) 7 eggs and 2 kids = not quite fair
4. BEFORE you punch out the little cardboard circles on the back of your box, read the directions for things like how to put on the plastic wraps. For example, dye your eggs after putting the wraps on...which of course we didn't. And note that the wraps don't fit on extra large eggs...this caused some problems...

But at least we had fun! We bought the Star Wars set and Skyler loved the Darth Vader Tie Fighter he made.

3 comments:

Spencer and Julie said...

wow, good timing! We are doing eggs today and I didn't even think through it (like many things I do) but thanks for the pointers!

Becky said...

ha ha! At least you are dyeing eggs...I bought the stuff, but might not do it. Depends on my mood. If it's my ususal mood, we won't do it.

Melissa said...

I agree, at least you made the effort to dye some! I have to admit, we haven't actually dyed eggs for at least 2 or 3 years! ;) Didn't know there was a Star Wars set - how fun!