When Colt was 2 1/2 we got him a Thomas the train set for Christmas. He's now almost 5 1/2 and still playing with it-we've added to it some cool pieces and new trains but this has been one good investment. So this week Colt's been complaining that certain trains were missing. I told him to look under the train table, in the toy box, ect. but assumed they were in a church bag somewhere and never looked for him. So this morning "Oliver" is also missing. I pulled out the train suitcase from under the train table and there, each in their own little compartment, were all the missing trains and some he hadn't missed yet. He is so excited and is now playing with renewed intensity. He'll be busy for the next hour or so - I love lost and found toys! Somtimes I put toys away on purpose to pull them out months later but with Colt playing and Skyler taking one of his hour long baths I can get quite a buit of work done! And don't worry about Skyler - he talks and sings continually during his bath so I always know he's breathing air.
1 comment:
Yay for lost and found (intentionally or not!) toys! :) We have some days like that at our house - the boys (and sometimes even Lizzy) will play and play and I'll get so much done. And then there are other days...when they only seem to play nicely when it's time to stop and go to bed or eat or leave somewhere!
Post a Comment