Monday, April 28, 2008

The Wall

The front of our home was an eye-sore; here it is just an hour into Tom digging a trench for the wall. It sloped down and had exposed tree roots and grass that was really struggling. Our plan: level the area by building a retaining wall.

Here's the finished project; those white flowers around the edge will grow and cascade over the wall- and the purple flowers planted throughout the bed will creep and be a beautiful ground cover. My friend (thanks Becky!) gave us their river rocks- they are in front of the house and down the side; looks much better then bark or dirt. We only had 1 big home improvement we wanted to do this year and it's done! Much easier then installing wood floors or gutting a bathroom- just a few sunny days and here it is!

3 comments:

Becky said...

Wow! It looks so great. Good work! Now come do mine.

Melissa said...

Wow it does look very nice! :) I like the flowers you chose. What a difference a wall makes! Have the boys tried climbing it yet? I just know that's what mine would do... ;)

Spencer and Julie said...

That really looks so nice, and I love flowers outside, they add so much color. I bet all your neighbors are jelous!