Saturday, April 19, 2008

Today

As a mom of preschoolers I have 2 types of days. Paint days and No Paint Days. Paint days are the good days, when I can handle the mess and stress and time of my kids painting. No Paint days are the days where I just can't monitor painting. Where I can't add more mess to my house, more laundry to my piles, and can't muster up the patience it requires. Today is a No Paint day. It's Saturday and Tom is gone all day (and it's pouring rain on top of our 2 inches of snow, so going outside is out and running errands is not appealing)- it's been a very long week with the boys, and to make it worse, Colt has been begging to paint. Now, once labeled a No Paint day it can be reversed, so, although highly unlikely it could happen. Don't feel to bad for them though, they are coloring and making books so they do have a creative outlet.

1 comment:

Spencer and Julie said...

You are so right! There really are only two types of days and the paint thing is right on, how funny, and well, tiring for you!