Friday, November 2, 2007

Halloween





Here's a quick Halloween re-cap since I said I would but since I'm glad this holiday is behind us it'll be short. I think we celebrated to much this year. We had a ward party and trunk-or-treat on Friday, party and trick-or-treat Tuesday at Tom's work, and then Trick-or-Treating on Halloween. It was just to much- each party brought out new costume ideas from the boys.


Getting them to decide on one costume was hard enough, but I never thought that once their costumes were made (thank you Karen!) they would change their minds..... so Colt was Diego from Nick Jr.'s Go Diego Go- he's an animal rescuer. A week before Halloween he changed his mind and wanted to be Batman. A piano student's parent had an awesome batman costume her son had outgrown and gave it to us... Colt wouldn't wear it and was happy with Diego again. But, on the way to Tom's work party he announced that he wanted to be a chinchilla. Bad timing. He was Diego again, by the way. Skyler settled on Mickey Mouse- then begged to be Spider man. My friend took pity on him and lent us a Spider man costume. He loves it but couldn't wear a mask to the church party and he won't wear Spider man without the mask, so he was Mickey Mouse to the church party, to Tom's work party (because I said so) and Spider man Trick-or-Treating. He had a hard time seeing with the mask on though and fell a few times- but would not take it off.


The boys loved going door to door, ringing the doorbells several times, nearly pounding doors down, and getting candy. So that's my quick re-cap, they loved the holiday and on Nov. 1 Colt brought us all our costumes when it got dark wanting to go trick-or-treating again....

2 comments:

Becky said...

Your kids look so cute in those costumes. I especially love Mickey Mouse. Too cute!!
Becky

Kyle L. Shoop said...

Mickey Mouse....You're kidding. Poor kid