Friday, June 29, 2012

Summer - Day 1

Ward park day - can you find Skyler up in the tree?
 And here's Heidi - "I have nobody to play with" - let me just say, there were probably 20 families that came, and most were kids she knows and likes.  She can be so dramatic.
Colt's award ceremony that evening - going from blue to purple belt.   It was his 2nd attempt at earning purple belt, we're so proud of him for finally passing!  There were 6 weeks between the 2 tests, it was his sparring that needed improvement, he tends to not block his face - but after lots of practice he did great!
Purple Belt!  He's been in taekwondo exactly 1 year now - amazing what kids can accomplish in a year. 

3 comments:

The Hones said...

Congrats Colt! So can you list the colors in order so I have an idea of how amazing Colt is?

The Hones said...

I was so curious I looked it up myself...so like the 5th or 6th level. Pretty impressive for only 1 year!

Tom and Amy said...

Start as a white belt, earn: yellow, orange, green, blue, purple, brown, high brown, red, high red, black. I think that's right!