Sunday, October 30, 2011

Happy Halloween!

We had a costume for Heidi in our dress up box, but starting in August (when my boys start talking about costumes for Halloween) she started saying she was going to be a bee. Then, whenever anyone asked her what she was going to be for Halloween she always said "Bee!" I tried reprogramming her but she had her mind made up. And I had a gift card - so her costume didn't cost me anything, and I love that she somehow figured out what she really wanted to be.

The only homeade costume this year - my good friend knitted (knit?) this amazing scarf for him (I did 1 1/2 stripes) and he was so excited. Especially for the black hair spray and scar. He makes a great Harry Potter! The robe's Griffendor patch has black velcro attaching it so he can also use this as a Jedi robe. He loves it - and since we already had a black flat sheet in the closet I loved that it was pretty thrifty!

Colt isn't just a Jedi, so don't make the mistake to call him one. He's Obi-Wan Kenobi as a padawan. Notice the "pooney tail" as he calls it draped over his shoulder. Padawan for sure. We traded his friend his costume from last year for this one... everyone wins! And add in Skyler in his Jedi robe and another lightsaber and we've had hours of adventures in our backyard this unusually sunny October.

No comments: