Heidi and Skyler were super good while hanging out in the front yard all day with me - and at one point a woman stopped by and while looking at the toys for sale asked Heidi "what's your name?" - to which Heidi replied "my name is Baby Heidi." I was shocked. Never ever has she said her name! She's had many opportunities; the cashiers at the grocery store usually ask her and people we see at the park, and after pausing for her to answer I usually tell them her name after about 30 seconds. So she's had the chace but never has before today. We've also tried to practice her name since she can say "Hi" very clearly, but she's never even tried. Tom and the boys asked her several times throughout the rest of the day and still, clear as a bell, she'll say "Heidi!" Just thought I'd document this somewhere - little milestone for my big girl.
2 comments:
Cute picture! And I love that not only did she say her name, she referred to herself as *Baby* Heidi. ;) I still think of her as "baby" sometimes, and I bet you do too!
She's absolutly facinated with babies - and has been for months. She'll ask for "baby water" meaning a little bit, or "baby sandwich" - cut into piece... so it's the highest rank in her opinion to be "baby." She'll always be my baby :)
Post a Comment