After talking about his day at school:
Colt: "oh and by the way, Cassidy blew me a kiss today."
(Cassidy has been his best friend since the last part of Kindergarten, she is deaf, but Colt has learned to sign and they play together almost everyday at recess.)
Me: "uhhhhhh, when?"
Colt: "at the firedrill"
Me: not wanting to make a big deal or encourage this "so how did it make you feel?" (I was trying to figure out if he thought this was a good or bad thing before I said anything else)
I was not expecting his answer....
Colt: "CONFUSED!"
Me: "confused? ok, um, why confused?"
then he spills out these next excuses very quickly all in a row.... it was so funny but I didn't laugh - this is serious stuff!
Colt: "I think it was an accident."
"Maybe she thought I was her sister Hailey."
"Maybe she wanted me to be safe at the firedrill."
"All I was doing was just trying to think about what Specialist we had today - it was music."
He is seven. And thakfully was all embarassed when I told him he's not to blow any kisses back.
1 comment:
That is so funny. Thanks for making me laugh today.
Post a Comment