Saturday, August 21, 2010

Camping

Here's some random shots from our camping trip to Ensign Ranch this past week.
Colt loves to create games. He really thinks through the rules - and every game is very different, though the rules for this one were pretty hilarious. On the game board he wrote the rules but also things like "best game ever! Mom do you love this game?"
So here's one of the few slip and slide shots we got of Skyler (he's at the top and Colt's on his way down.) On the first day there he somehow fell off his tube, cut his head open, and got a concussion. We took him to Urgent Care and he's fine now, but he can't do anything for 2 weeks where he might hit his head. He was sooooo sad he couldn't go back on the slip and slide or horseback riding.

But there were plenty of other fun things to do
Looking at a snail Colt found



So besides Skyler's accident it was really fun. When I go through all our pictures (I took just under 300!) I may post some good ones. I have to say, camping with three kids, one of whom is a toddler, is not a vacation for the parents. It was tiring and Heidi was impossible to keep clean. Didn't help that she learned how to run just a few days before the trip and was still prone to wipe outs while running laps around our cabin with Skyler "following her to make sure she didn't get lost." (those were our instructions but how could he help but chase her?)

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I love the picture of Heidi with the ring pop. Sheer glee!

The Hones said...

Poor Colt! That looks like a fun water slide and horseback riding...I want to come next time! Love all the pictures.