Monday, June 7, 2010

The Table

It's done! My friend and I cut the wood Friday night, until about midnight, then Tom sanded like crazy for me Saturday. We stained it together Saturday while the kids ate dinner.... dried Sunday. Monday, Memorial Day, I took Skyler to play with his friend while his mom and I built our tables. Hers is a cute orange, check it out here. I love this table! It's the kid size (not preschool size) from the "Knock off Wood" blog.... next up will be a table for the adults.
This was after many, many, many pictures - I finally yelled "that's it! hands under the table!"


Thanks to my friend Kim for helping me!

3 comments:

The Hones said...

The table looks great! I actually spent some time looking over that blog...amazing! I really want to make the twin head and foot bed in white for Audrey, probably will never happen. But, you actually did it, WOW!

Melissa said...

Wow, I'm so impressed! Good job! :) I've been wanting a nice picnic table for our back patio, but wood ones are SO expensive to buy...maybe I can sweet-talk my dad (since he has all the right tools!) into helping us make one... :)

Becky said...

The table looks amazing!!!!! I love it, good work. my kids will have to come and give it a test run this summer...