Saturday, May 29, 2010

Summer plans for the kids

Summer break is around the corner for us..... which has gotten me thinking and planning! We don't get out of school until June 22nd but it's never to early to dust off the ice cream chart and get my summer calendar filled out. Last year I wrote about our ice cream chart - check it our here if you missed it. I also plan to create an "I don't know what to do" jar much like the "boredom buster" jar here. Go here to check out the free family film festival movies for your theater (scroll down and select your state) and don't forget to check your library for fun concerts, crafts, and programs. And check the ones a town or two over - our local library summer programs didn't excite me but the library 15 minutes away has great things in store! One thing I love about summer is having my kids eat outside for lunch everyday. This weekend I'm working on a kids picnic table with a friend (and check out the amazing bunk bed she built with plans from the same site) and so far it's coming along perfect! Hopefully Monday will bring pictures of a finished project....but for now check it out here, but be prepared to take on a new obsession as you search her blog!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

It's awesome that you are making a table from Knock Off Wood. I just finished making two beds for the girls from the same website. It was so much fun. I'll be posting them on my blog soon. Good luck with your project!