
Last Saturday was my studio piano recital... 23 students performed and all of them should feel proud!

All elementary and middle school students participated in the "Piano Olympics" incentive program this year; 16 earned a gold medal, 2 earned a silver, and 1 earned a bronze. They were all beaming!

We had a huge crowd this year, so 2 Costco cakes were needed.

I took pictures of the boys before anyone showed up, Colt performed 2 pieces from memory; "Scotland Bells" and "My Pet Dinosaur." We was really excited to use the pedal.

Skyler also performed from memory, "Dinosaur Music Night"

Heidi was there to welcome everyone, then clung to Tom for the entire recital. I think she was nervouse because her babysitters were there, and everyone seemed to know her.

The boys also performed a duet I had written for them for Music in Action, where they earned 2nd place. It's titled "Who is at my Door?" because Skyler's part sounds like the doorbell. It went perfect!

It was a fantastic night.
2 comments:
I still have bad memories of my piano recitals cause of the smelly boy I had to do duets with. But your recital has cake and metals so I am sure your kids loved it. I wish you lived closer to teach my kids.
And Heidi looks so cute!
Post a Comment