Poor Heidi is sick, her eyes are watering, her voice is hoarse, she has a fever, cough, cold.... I feel so bad for her. She does, however, love to snuggle, cuddle, and just sit with me while I rub her back - that's one nice part about sick kids. She has also been sleeping a ton, yesterday she slept probably 15 hours. I was glad it was a Saturday and I didn't have to pull her out of bed to transport the boys to and from school, same with today.
Spring break is over, the sun finally came out for us at the end of the week. I don't have many pictures of what we did but we had fun together.
-Monday I let the boys watch all the morning cartoons they miss while at school then we played and played some more. We also cooked a yummy new recipe for dinner together (mostly Skyler helping.)
-Tuesday we met some friends at the roller skating rink and got ice cream on the way home.
-Wednesday the boys played at a friends house in the morning while I had a meeting and in the afternoon we had more friends over, once they left I got out a new toy I had been saving for Spring Break since the boys were starting to get on each others nerves...Joker's Fun House to go with their Batman Cave. I found it on sale a few weeks ago, they played and played together until dinner then played until bedtime, then again the rest of the week. It was a well spent $18!
-Thursday we ran errands, went out to lunch, played at a park, had a babysitter while I taught a few lessons, rented a movie.
-Friday Tom had off work - he took the boys swimming while I taught piano and paid some bills, then after lunch he practiced baseball with them at the field since practices start this coming week! We wanted to go to the zoo but it was in the upper 40's and just to cold with the wind. We had a big craft evening with shrinky dinks and paint projects - it was great.
The week went by fast, it'll be nice once summer comes so Colt will be home more with us.
The boys also had a job chart and did great getting everything done everyday. They had to: make bed/clean room, practice piano, read to me, outside play or inside exercises, play toys (this may be odd for a job chart but Skyler tends to just follow me around or sit.... so his job was to go play) and do an extra chore. It kept us busy! I will be excited to get things cleaned up while they are both at school tomorrow but I enjoyed having everyone home this past week.
Spring break is over, the sun finally came out for us at the end of the week. I don't have many pictures of what we did but we had fun together.
-Monday I let the boys watch all the morning cartoons they miss while at school then we played and played some more. We also cooked a yummy new recipe for dinner together (mostly Skyler helping.)
-Tuesday we met some friends at the roller skating rink and got ice cream on the way home.
-Wednesday the boys played at a friends house in the morning while I had a meeting and in the afternoon we had more friends over, once they left I got out a new toy I had been saving for Spring Break since the boys were starting to get on each others nerves...Joker's Fun House to go with their Batman Cave. I found it on sale a few weeks ago, they played and played together until dinner then played until bedtime, then again the rest of the week. It was a well spent $18!
-Thursday we ran errands, went out to lunch, played at a park, had a babysitter while I taught a few lessons, rented a movie.
-Friday Tom had off work - he took the boys swimming while I taught piano and paid some bills, then after lunch he practiced baseball with them at the field since practices start this coming week! We wanted to go to the zoo but it was in the upper 40's and just to cold with the wind. We had a big craft evening with shrinky dinks and paint projects - it was great.
The week went by fast, it'll be nice once summer comes so Colt will be home more with us.
The boys also had a job chart and did great getting everything done everyday. They had to: make bed/clean room, practice piano, read to me, outside play or inside exercises, play toys (this may be odd for a job chart but Skyler tends to just follow me around or sit.... so his job was to go play) and do an extra chore. It kept us busy! I will be excited to get things cleaned up while they are both at school tomorrow but I enjoyed having everyone home this past week.
1 comment:
Sounds like a fun week. Sorry Heidi is sick, that is no fun when a baby is sick. "Play with toys" as a chore, thats funny!
Post a Comment