Sunday, March 14, 2010
Skyler's Lego Party
Skyler's 5th birthday party was this past Saturday... I took lots of pictures!
He wanted a Lego party - it was fun to do a party with a theme other than Batman, Star Wars, Blues Clues, Thomas the Train, ect. We had a great time.
This picture turned out a little blurry, but it was our center piece. On Friday we had gone to the Lego store in Bellevue and while Tom made a few purchases I took some fun pictures of Skyler outside the store.
I had this party planned to the minute, with 10 boys here I thought being over prepared was best. So here was my "command center." And yes, that's a schedule on the wall with times by each thing. It worked well having everything all in one place.
As the boys arrived Tom was playing "hot Lego" (better known as "hot potato" with them using our Lego cars. It was an easy game to keep adding kids to. I didn't get a picture of Lego Bingo, but that was next. I made Bingo sheets for each kid with Lego characters in each square, like Lego Batman, Lego Buzz, Lego Darth Vadar..... they each got a baggie with 16 Lego bricks to use as markers.
Then we divided into 2 groups. Each boy kept their baggie of Lego's to use for the Lego Toss
And the Lego Drop. As they had arrived I gave everyone a tag to wear with all the things listed we were going to do-they really liked looking at their tags to see what was next, when cake was, ect. Also it gave them somewhere to put the stickers they earned from all the games.
Then we had our Lego building contest. We dumped all our Lego's down 2 long tables and let them just go to town building. They were really quiet.
And let's not forget this little cutie - she was in the high chair most of the party.
Next came the Lego Atlantis movie. It was 22 minutes and is on the Lego website. We hooked the laptop up to the TV and all the boys loved it. While the movie played I wrote out labels for everyone's Lego creation award and stuck them on the trophies they each got to take home. Tom cleared the tables of all the Lego's and set them for cake. When the movie was over we were ready for the rest of the party.
While the boys were still on the floor from the movie we opened presents. Lots of Lego sets - and some other fun toys. Skyler was spoiled. Thank you to all his friends!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
How fun! This looks like it was a great party - and so organized too. You know how I love that. :) Great job.
Wow you are like the mom of all moms! What a fun birthday party and looks like a lot of planning and creativity went into it. I wish I could have been a 5yr old at that party! Happy birthday Skyler!
super fun party ideas, I'll have to use them all one year!
I like the pic of Skyler w/ his cake...he looks so excited! Also the pics w/ the cousins is a nice action pic. Looks fun- I hope Skyler had a great Bday!
-Kyle
Holy Cow! That sounds so awesome. You make my Birthday parties look really lame. Love the cake!
You're so organized! I love the cards w/ stickers the kids got - such a great idea! The boys had a lot of fun, and we had a great time seeing you all - thanks again!! :)
Post a Comment