But he did great with his song, he did something none of my students have ever done... he wanted to include "mystery notes," where the person playing the song gets to play whatever note they want on that particular beat. I thought it was pretty clever, but explained we just don't have a symbol for that. He of course had a solution by writing a ? on the staff. He ended up writing notes there on his final version, so come visit us and he'll play it for you!
Sunday, February 7, 2010
Composer in the house!
But he did great with his song, he did something none of my students have ever done... he wanted to include "mystery notes," where the person playing the song gets to play whatever note they want on that particular beat. I thought it was pretty clever, but explained we just don't have a symbol for that. He of course had a solution by writing a ? on the staff. He ended up writing notes there on his final version, so come visit us and he'll play it for you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I remember when I wanted glasses also cause my friend had them and I thought they were cool and now I have them and they are so not cool!
I can't believe he writes his own songs! That is great. Have him bring it to G's party and play it for us.
Post a Comment