Colt said to me yesterday "Mom! You can read my brain?"
Skyler replied "Plus she has eyes on the back of her neck!!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------
We were racing out the door for 9am church. The boys had been sent ahead to get seat belts on. I got in, couldn't find my seat belt-felt it behind me, couldn't get it loose....then the boys started laughing so hard. Tom was also having trouble with Heidi's car seat. The boys had buckled all of our seat belts- a very funny joke unless you are trying to get to church. We couldn't help but laugh, though.
----------------------------------------------------------
While eating lunch together Skyler said "Mom, don't tell but I love all my Aunts and Uncles. But don't tell them. It's a secret."
----------------------------------------------------------
The boys each have a "noodle jar." They get a noodles for chores, practicing piano, behavior, eating new foods, ect. and get ones taken away for getting our of bed, fighting, not sharing, ect.
So, Colt's was 1/2 full. He asked "since my jar is 1/2 full can I have 1/2 of my allowance now?" We've had this system going for many months now and it just occurred to him how he could get some fast cash. The answer, by the way, was no.
--------------------------------------------------------
Skyler was in my room with me matching clean socks. We were just enjoying working together quietly for once, when he said "Mom, Jesus is real to me. And Heavenly Father is real to me too. I learned that in a song at church." I didn't mind anymore that it wasn't quiet, 4 year olds can really be something.
--------------------------------------------------------
Skyler has his heart set on adopting a child from Haiti. Colt's in on it too. (we're not, by the way) I heard this conversation:
Colt: "I think I'd like a boy from the earthquake for us to save and be a new family for."
Skyler"Colt, you get what you get and you don't throw a fit."
---------------------------------------------------------
My house it blissfully quiet, Skyler is playing by himself, miracle of miracles, Heidi is sleeping, Colt's at school, and I have a pile of papers and such to organize on the kitchen counter, so that's it for now.
1 comment:
Those are so funny! I love reading stuff like that it helps me get to know the boys that are so far away.
Post a Comment