Sunday, December 13, 2009

Day in Seattle

We enjoyed a fun day in Seattle yesterday.... a tradition from when I was growing up.
We started at the Seattle Center House, watched a fantastic jump rope team on stage then spent time walking around this huge electric train village.

The boys liked the pond with ice skaters twirling around it the best.
Next we rode the Monorail to West lake mall.

Rode the Carousel....
Then we walked to the Sheraton Hotel to look at the Gingerbread Houses; got there and discovered a line that was at least an hour long. So we left, we'll head back after Christmas like we did last year and be one of a handful of families.
So we walked down to Pier 57 (by way of Pike Place Market where we stopped to look in some neat shops) and saw these toy/light displays. It was just getting dark so they were fun to see. Got a family picture in there too....
Headed towards Pike Place Market on our way back to the Monorail and spotted this bakery. We told the boys they could pick any one thing. They both chose a gingerbread man cookie- it was getting very cold so we hurried back to West lake.
It was such a fun day, Heidi was so good and the boys did a ton of walking without too much complaining. I love the lights and sounds of Seattle at Christmastime!

4 comments:

Becky said...

so fun! I love your family picture on the pier. Heidi is getting big!!

twopeasinapod said...

Looks like you all had a great time in Seattle! I love the picture of Heidi under the tree--she is so adorable!

The Hones said...

I loved riding the monarail over and walking downtown and seeing the carasail and lights. That is so cool that you have continued the tradition. And it looks like you guys had a fun time.

Spencer and Julie said...

I remember doing that, looks like lots of fun