Thursday, July 30, 2009

110

Yep- 110 DEGREES outside yesterday, according to the news and the temperature reading outside by the gym. I think my house was hotter. I took the kids to a library about 20 minutes away, an official "cooling station" and we hung out there for about 2.5 hours. We'll be there again today. On the news last night it showed lines outside Home Depot, matching lines for the Wii release, Xbox 360 - but these lines were for air conditioners. They told of someone who bought an air conditioner (after getting in line at 1am) for $190 and sold it in the parking lot for $400 minutes later. I think I'd stick with the AC - it's true what they say about living in Washington...you know more people who own a boat then an AC. I can't wait for Fall.

2 comments:

Becky said...

When Fall comes we'll all look back with fondness at these hot days and wish they were back.

The Hones said...

Wow! No AC! I am so so so sorry! You Washingtons are true pioneers.