Sunday, April 26, 2009

Colt finally got his trophy!


Last night was our Piano Recital, I had 22 students perform - including Colt! It was his first recital, he memorized 2 pieces, "Graduation Party" and "Giddy Up, Pony!" After he played he sat back down by his Grandma and declared "I did well!" Everyone laughed. This year I challenged kids to practice 100 days - those that did got a trophy at the recital. Everyone was excited for their trophies, Colt has been talking about it for months. Kids who had practiced 70 days by mid February got to choose what their trophy would look like. Colt took many many pictures of his trophy while we cleaned up after the recital. It was a great night - every student played very well.

3 comments:

Becky said...

Yeah for Colt! And yeah for Amy that the recital is over. Now just to have that baby!

Melissa said...

Way to go Colt! You'll have to play one of your pieces for me next time I see you! ;)

The Hones said...

Boy is Colt looking grown up, I can't wait to see them in July. I am happy for you that the recital is over so you can focus on having this baby. Colt will have to play the pony song for me, I am pretty sure that is one that I loved playing over and over again.