Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Husbands
During Family Home Evening on Monday night Colt was in charge of the game. He looked at me and said "I'm going to pick your husband to go first!" He refers to Tom sometimes as my husband, I think it's funny. Then when I picked him up from school his teacher told made me laugh again. She just got married a few weekends ago and all the kids made a poster for her with the help of some moms. Apparently each child was asked what they would like to say to their teacher in regards to her getting married and the mom wrote it down next to their picture. Colt's was very different from the other kids...he said "I would like to meet your husband." His teacher said the poster was displayed at her wedding and many people commented on what he had written. (what she doesn't know is that Colt has been sad it wasn't him she married...) One more just came to mind, we were eating dinner as a family Sunday night when Skyler announced he had 2 fathers, 1 in heaven and his daddy here on earth. We talked about it and told him all of us have the same Heavenly Father. Colt looked at me and said "So you mean your mom married two boyfriends?" Being in Kindergarten and having your teacher get married really brings a whole new dimension to conversation!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment