Monday, October 6, 2008

Took my camera outside this morning

1st I saw this:
Then I looked up and saw my beautiful tree had blown over in the wind storm.
Between conference sessions on Saterday this is what Tom did! We had 3 huge Rhododendrons there and some Heather......took it all out so I could see the kids play in the cul-de-sac from my porch. Also, I was tired of Rhodies- every apartment and our condo had Rhodies everywhere..... so now you can see my cute porch! We'll be filling it with new plants these next few weekends-unless all my money has to go towards a new tree....then it'll be a fun mud pit for the boys until Spring.
And just because I hadn't posted a picture yet- here's Tom's new truck.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh no! Poor tree! :( (But at least it didn't fall on the new truck!!) And I'm with you about the rhodies - they're pretty but get kinda boring after a while - and can very quickly grow WAY too big. Good idea to move them so you can see. Your porch IS cute. :)

And congrats to Tom on the new truck. I'm sure Bill will be jealous as soon as he sees it. ;)

Spencer and Julie said...

the front of your house really looks bigger and more open, and sorry about the tree, that happened to two of ours last year and I can't tell you how hard it was getting the roots of the mature trees out of the ground, sorry!