Wednesday, October 8, 2008
A rabbit and a dog
Last week we were all just hanging out here in the living room/kitchen. I sat down in the rocking chair and went to put my feet up on the ottoman- all of a sudden Colt yells "MOM! You'll squish the bunny!!!!!" Needless to say I almost had a heart attack. So I put my feet back on the floor and said "bunny?" To which Colt replied "yes, it's my white bunny- he's in his cage eating a carrot." I quickly assumed it's an imaginary bunny.... and ask "well, can you move him?" So from the kitchen table he takes his hands all magician like, says "Abra Cadabra!" and waves his fingers from pointing at the ottoman to pointing at the couch. "There." Ok, so he loved this bunny for over a week, would make me promise to feed him while he was at school, named him "Pocus" like Hocus Pocus, and even read him stories. Last night Colt found a frisbee..... then he informed me he turned his bunny into a dog. The dog's name is "Puppy" and he's white with gray spots. He played with his dog for about an hour...and amazingly enough Skyler decided he needed in on the fun and imagined a turtle for himself- who also chases frisbees. This morning I got to watch Colt and his dog show off thier many new tricks, he kept patting it's head and each time his hand would get higher and higher until it seemed the dog was taller then him! Imaginations are great.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So cute! I love the things kids imagine - and how they can entertain themselves for so long with something imaginery! :) Now answer me this: WHAT do you do when they start fighting over something imaginery?? (Yes, this has happened to me!) ;)
That happened, Colt was in tears that Skyler told his dog to "stay" and he wanted him to play fetch. I told Skyler to leave Colt's dog alone and go imagine his own. The things they didn't teach in the parenting class I didn't take....
Post a Comment