Thursday, September 25, 2008

Morning

Skyler is funny, unless it's Saterday morning, then it's never funny. Every morning he jumps out of bed and yells "it's morning!" If anyone happens to still be in bed he runs in and says "it's morning, you can't sleep in the morning- you have to get up! We only sleep at night." On Saterdays we try to explain that we can relax in bed even though it's morning. No. That doesn't work for Skyler- morning = get up now. This morning he ran into Colt's room explaining he had to get up because it was morning....there are 2 things that couldn've happened- Colt could have grumbled/yelled at him, but instead I heard him jump out of bed and say "oh yeah, I forgot!" And just like that my kids were instantly completely awake. When oh when do kids start to sleep in?

2 comments:

Becky said...

I hear you! They'll probably start to sleep in when they need to get up early for seminary!

Spencer and Julie said...

and no matter how late they went to bed, it's still up at same time!