
Colt started
Taekwondo about 3 weeks ago and loves it. He has a friend from his preschool class there and another friend from his primary class. It's fun to watch, with warm-ups being pretty hilarious since none of the kids can do jumping jacks or this
exercise where they grab their feet while sitting "Indian style" and roll back- they all end up spread eagle in the air. But Colt is doing great and really looks forward to going. He is great at yelling "yes sir!" and loves the games at the end.

So in primary Colt's class is learning about choosing the right. We have had many lessons and discussions on this at home too since he and Skyler seem intrigued by the concept. BUT what you are seeing here was not choosing the right. Looks like harmless washing of the hands. Well, Colt was supposed to be laying down in my bed for quiet time since he's been home sick all week with a bad cough and Skyler was taking a nap. After about 45 minutes he came down COVERED in blue marker and said "um, so I'm really sorry but I
choosed the wrong." So at least he knows he chose the wrong but I have a feeling, since he was so thorough in his decorating, that he knew he was choosing the wrong while doing it. So now we go back and take a new angle on this lesson I guess.
No comments:
Post a Comment