So last Wednesday Skyler swallowed a battery. It was a "button" battery- flat and round the size between a nickle and a quarter. How does this make me sound as a mom so far? So I called his doctor, who had me call poinson control, who made me feel a little better. They said it would most likely not leak since those batteries are sealed well now days, and that his stomach acid wouldn't had bad effects on the battery contents. But, I had to take him to get an x-ray to make sure it wasn't stuck in his throat beacause that is not only bad, but could cause chemical burns. I was pretty sure it wasn't stuck because he was eating just fine but we went to the walk-in clinic to be safe. Long story short, the x-ray showed a very shiny battery in his small intestine and we were on our way with directions to look for the battery in the next few days in his diaper.
Last night Skyler woke up crying at 5:30 and I was worried the battery was lodged in his large intestine somewhere so after church Tom took him in for another x-ray. There was no sign of the battery anywhere so case closed! Thank goodness. $30 of co-pay and about 4.5 hours of walk-in clinic time later.
No comments:
Post a Comment