Thursday, December 13, 2007

Hippo, Cat, what's the difference?


Ok, 2 posts ago I was pretty excited that Colt seemed to forget about the blue kitty. Not so. This morning he was "writing" Santa another letter. What did he ask for? A little blue kitty cat and a train whistle. We have several train whistles around here somewhere so forget that, but why oh why the blue cat again? So the boys and I were at Costco ready to head towards the checkout when I saw something furry and blue in the toy aisle. I went over, hardly daring to look, and it was a cute, blue, soft/fuzzy hippo. Colt saw it and went nuts "My blue kitty cat! Wait, where's the spot?" Did I mention it has to have a dark blue spot on it's back? So I let him hold the package, it's a pack of 2 Webikinz things- they're stuffed animals that get you into a virtual world online for kids, cute and safe but more for 5-9 year olds. I guess he's almost 5. Anyway, I asked several times, "are you sure this is a cat? So this looks like a cat?" He said it did and wanted me to tell the elves where to find it. Just this morning I told him Santa had called and said the elves didn't make blue kitty cats because cats are black, white, grey, ect. He pretty much fell apart at that and I agreed, again, to talk to Santa to see what we could work out. So I smuggled the Webby Whatevers to the checkout and explained that my 4 year old couldn't see them. They got all serious and went to every length to keep them hidden. They enclosed them in 2 boxes for my cart. It was funny but I didn't dare laugh at them since they held my precious Christmas gift. So the search is over, I really hope that little hippo passes for a cat on Christmas morning. We'll just keep the lights down low and serve lots of egg nog. Just kidding.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Too funny! Get a blue fabric marker and draw a spot on that kitty-hippo!
Becky